494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa
The visa validity period is 5 years. Conditions will be imposed which will enforce the government’s intentions that visa holders live, work and study only in regional areas (condition 8579) and only in the nominated position. Visa holders must commence work within 90 days of the visa being granted and must only work in your nominated occupation and only work for the nominating employer in regional Australia. Subclass 191 Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional): To meet the requirements of the permanent visa (from November 2022) applicants must have held a subclass 491 or 494 visa for at least 3 years, have complied with the conditions on that visa and have met minimum taxable income requirements. You must show earnings of at least $53,900 per annum for three years. Your partner can also be the main applicant for the 191 visa if they can demonstrate this criteria.
Requirements (Employer and job offer)
1. Employer must be located in a designated regional Australia, everywhere except Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
2. Position be on the list of eligible occupations
3. Position must be full time and likely be available for 5 years
4. Employer will need approval from the Regional Certifying Body (RCB)
5. Employer must pay the Australian Market Salary Rate (AMSR)
Requirements (Visa applicant)
1. Age under 45 at time of application (exemptions apply)
2. Competent English at time of application
3. You must have been employed in the nominated occupation for at least 3 years on a full-time basis and at the skill level required for the nominated occupation. Generally, you should have gained your experience within the last 5 years. The period does not need to be continuous. Equivalent part-time work may be considered. DHA does not consider casual work.
4. GTE requirement does not apply
5. If in Australia, hold a substantive or Bridging Visa A, B or C
6. Successful skills assessment at time of application